So for the last week or so I have been having some lower back pain that has been coming and going...when it's "coming" it typically starts around the lower back dimples, then resonates through the buttocks, to the hip and down the leg. I have been annoyed by it but have been dealing with it and going on (also taking "vitamin I", as my dad calls it, to try to alleviate the discomfort).
On Tuesday I figure that maybe it would be a good idea to walk thinking this may help work out whatever kink is going on...while walking it felt pretty good (despite the mountainous neighborhood I live in) and then that evening I was sore but not to bad.
So Wednesday night rolls around and the kids & I head over to the complex for dinner with Don, talk with one of our trainers, Casey, and he confirms what I thought that it probably was, and then at around 8pm we decide to walk over to the stadium to check out the pep rally. The walk goes fine I'm feeling relatively good so we hang out at Don's office to help him get ready for the game this weekend (go Tigers!). The kids and I get home around 9pm and it hits me...the pain ensues!! I find that I can't bend over for fear if I do that I won't be able to get up again, and it just keeps getting worse. I get the kids to bed (forget bath time, that's hell on a good back), come downstairs and find a home on the couch. Don gets home and we decide to head on up to bed around 10:30pm to watch a movie, but I can hardly get up the stairs. I get up their, Don has to help me into bed and then halfway through the movie I need to go to the bathroom (of course right) but I can't get out of bed! My poor husband has to help me out of bed, to the bathroom, on the toilet, off the toilet and back into bed! Needless to say I did not get a very good night of sleep.
Today I could get out of bed but with pain and took a shower (boy that was fun trying to get over the tub & into the shower, and my poor legs are like a forest cuz I couldn't even bend down or bring them up to me to shave). After Don & I dropped Bella off at school I headed on over to see Casey again and he had me get in the whirlpool for about 20 mins which helped loosen it for about an hour.
Anyway, still in pain but not as bad as last night...I would have traded that pain for another c-section any day (at least you get rewarded after that)!!!
So that's my whine for the day!
4 years ago

5 comments:
i got your cheese!!! no just kidding...I've got some pain meds if you need em!!!
I just may!
doesn´t sounds good to me and brings my senses to high alert. the point that it is affecting your legs concerns me. feeling numbness in the legs? just from my experience as suffering from it - it sounds to me like some prob with the lower intervertebral disk (not sure about the right english term, sorry). sounds identical to my problems. you have to take this very serious. heat and moving/stretching helps me - remember me, working out with a theraband (you called me "jane fonda") helps and so far i could avoid surgery (and even could fly to mizzou in the summer and do some work :P)
Ok - I sent you an email but I also forgot WALK - Any and all walking as much as it may hurt does the best, OD on "Vitamin I" and hit the track!
Isn't it great to have friends in the training room! I hope your back is feeling better.
Post a Comment