**Update #2** The kids and I were just sharing our days and Bella reminded me of one thing that I forgot to add earlier: She calmed down as we were walking away from the group (they are always washing up from recess when I pick her up) and headed to her class to get her artwork & other papers. As we were turning down the hall to her class she points up and says, "The red thing was beeping today and we had to go outside by the fence!". It was so cute how she had said it, and I asked her if it scared her at all to which she replied "nope"!
**Update** When I got to Bella's school for pick-up I saw her down the hall...at first glance she appeared to be doing fine. Her little friend saw me and told her I was there...Bella turned with a smile, started to run at me & in mid run broke down into break your heart tears. :( I scooped her up and she clung on for dear life and sobbed. Her teacher said she did great all morning with the exception of the last half hour, and that all of her little friends tried the very best to cheer her up (how sweet is that). We picked up her stuff and headed on out. While in the car Bailey asked about her day and asked what she played outside, and Bella's response was "I didn't play, I cried"! Poor Baby!
-----
At what point do you say is it really worth the fight?
This morning I got Bella up for day 7 of preschool and all seemed to be going well until I started getting her dressed....all he#@ broke loose. 'I don't want to wear panties, I want a pull up, I don't want to wear tennis shoe, etc...' is what she was screaming. I went to put on her shoes and she was flailing all over the place and screaming...thank goodness I'm stronger then her and literally shoved her into everything! Poor Bail, who is home sick, even came down to try and coax her and that didn't work either.
Of course she was fine once the teacher took her from me but the routine prior to school is wearing me thin! My bag of tricks is completely empty because believe me I tried every bribe in the book (or so I think) to try and make this go smoothly. So my question is, "Now what"?
4 years ago

3 comments:
do you think that today was diff though because she knew that Bailey would be at home???
I don't think so because the fight began way before she new that Bail was home. Part of me thinks she's not feeling well.
Could be she is not feeling well, hopefully she is not getting strep.
As hard as it may be don't give up, in time she will adjust to the school routine, and Mom seperation if you give up now you may face a battle when she is ready for kindergarten.
Next school day when you pick her up reward her with a treat or small gift.
Mom
Post a Comment