On Wednesday the 6th graders in our diocese met in Jefferson City, at the Cathedral, for Vocation Day. This was an all day affair that went from about 8:30AM-2:30PM instructing the kids on the different options of vocations that there are. The day consisted of speakers, games, skits, singers, exhibits (they got t-shirts, brochures & other misc items), lunch and then the day was rounded off with a mass said by Bishop Gaydos. I was one of the chaperones for the day & thought it was a pleasant day, and I think the kids, over all, had an enjoyable day as well. It was fun for them to be able to get together with other kids that go to Catholic Schools that are their age...something that I think should be done more often! I did learn that CCS is the biggest Catholic School within our diocese...that 's pretty cool. Also, I thought that our kids looked the best as far as uniforms go...they were very neat & put together, not to metion they were very well behaved (although all of the kids that attended were good)!
This is a photos of Bailey, 3 of her classmates & Bishop Gaydos (the boy looking down is wearing the t-shirt that they received at the exhibits):
No comments:
Post a Comment