Here is one of the reasons I know my hubby is the best guy (or he was just trying to avoid the beast from coming out to play...even if so I still think he's great).
Last night I was completely exhausted from running all day and ended up falling asleep on the couch. Now if you know me like my hubby does, you would know that if something like this happens to me and I have to get up it isn't a pretty site...the beast comes out. I get so crabby and awnry it amazes me that Don is still married to me because I can get REALLY ugly. Yesterday in the midst of all my running I managed to get our sheets in the wash (they desperately needed it) and also started the task of folding a mountain of clothes on my bed. As always the laundry chore never gets fully completed & gets put on the back burner as there is always something more pressing to do (everything to me is more pressing then laundry...I'd rather change poopy diapers all day then do laundry & you know how much I hate that). So, I had to leave the mountain (still on my bed half folded & half not) to get the kids picked up from school, fed, entertained, other chores done and then get them to their activities. Needless to say the day went on with the laundry still on my bed & the fresh sheets still in the dryer. Well I was checking my emails while half awake last night and had said to Don "oh crap I still have to clean off our bed (which is a big chore because as I said there was a mountain on it) and then put the sheets back on"...and then I fell asleep (fully intending to get up and do that). Next thing I know I'm getting patted on the behind to get me up and the 1st thing that pops in my head is, of course, that damn laundry. So I head on up, growling to myself (might I add I'm very proud f myself for only growling because it's usually 100 times worse), to tackle the dreaded. I get to the top of the stairs, look in my room, and what do you know the fresh sheets are on the bed ready for me to fall in it...what a "ta da" moment that was!!! Anyway, the beast was avoided and Don gets to wear the hubby of the week badge (or that is until he fowls up)! :)
Thanks babe...love ya!!
Ok, off to tackle the mountain again....
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment