Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Busy Weekend Recap

I think that bullets are the best way to recap our Easter weekend events, so here it goes:

Friday:
  • The kids had the day off from school due to Good Friday
  • Don worked and had three of the kids
  • That evening I had Bible Study at my friend's house (which I love) and after that many of us stayed and watched the movie The Passion of Christ. If you haven't seen this movie I HIGHLY recommend it....it is so powerful!! This was my second time watching it and it brought me to tears just as much this time as it did the first. It's one thing to hear the story and read about it, but to watch what it would have been like unfold in front of your face really makes you appreciate the magnitude of what he did for us to a whole new level.
Saturday:
  • We went to Weslie's 1st bitrhday party. We all had a really great time but Adriene is in trouble...my kids came home with TONS of candy and might I remind you it was the day before the Easter Bunny came. Payback Adriene is all I have to say!!!!
  • After the party I ran my hiney off to prep for Easter Sunday and also had to get Nico to baseball practice. I might add that we only saw Don for 45 mins the whole day until he came home at 9:30PM (I was just a wee bit irritated by this but I still love him).
Princess Bella and Prince Kade
Princess Olivia
Sunday:
  • We all got up about 9:30AM and the kids hunted for their Easter Baskets
  • After the hunt the kids went through their baskets and ingested as much candy as they could before we put the kabash on it.
  • While the kids were shoving their faces I was prepping for dinner: I made napkins (which are cute if I do say so myself), made a bunny cake (which again is so cute if I do say so myself), made pistachio salad (which is very yummy if I do say so myself), cleaned the house (which is always a mess if I do say so myself), and many other things. I was so busy trying to prep for the day that we missed Mass...such a bummer but from what I hear it was PACKED.
  • Our 1st set of guests, the Spiccis, arrived @ 2:30 to prep the ham and get it in the oven.
  • At 3:30 we headed to our association park for an Easter Egg Hunt...the kids had tons of fun and came home with TONS of candy (oh great even more candy)
  • After the hunt we walked back home to finish prep work for dinner and then rested for a short time. My sister, Angie, and her beau Joe arrived at this time as well
  • At 6:30PM we all sat down to enjoy our FABULOUS feast of: Ham, mashed potatoes, potato bake (reds, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, garlic, and seasoning), broccoli, dinner rolls, pistachio salad, bunny cake, banana cream pie, and carrot cake.
It was a GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Note: Easter Pictures to follow on next post.

2 comments:

Tony said...

hey, how about that ham?

JMV said...

Will the Princess's turn into Queens?