Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spaaark Pluuuggs!!

So, today I was a substitute teacher for the first time at my children's school. I was asked/begged by the assistant principal if I could sub for one of the Kindergarten teachers (all 3 classes had subs) because all of them were conducting Kindergarten testing for next year's students. Long story short I agreed to do it. Why not, right...a few extra bucks, a break from my "normal" routine, and all is good? Well let me just say I am looking forward to my "normal" routine. Every person that teaches Kindergarten I hope receives a fast pass through the gates of heaven...they are saints! I have always thought this but now I KNOW IT!! Man, those kids are spaaark pluuuggs!! They don't ever stop....one ginormous ball of energy. I swear to Harry that I constantly had someone at my side, "Mrs. B?, Mrs. B?.......". I would nicely tell them please stay in your seats and if you have a question raise your hand and I promise I will help you. "Ok Mrs B"! I turn around and what do a find? Oh yes, yet another one of the spark plugs with a slew of questions! I'm fairly certain it's impossible for a Kindergartner to retain directions!

Ok, I gotta got to bed....I AM WORE OUT!!!

shh, don't tell, but I'd do it again! :)

2 comments:

The Stoner Family said...

I have the most respect for teachers b/c there is no way I could do it. Can barely do it with my own, much less with 30 kids!

Glad you had fun though!

JMV said...

You were new to them, so they were excited and they had to test the waters to see what they could or could not get away with, I am sure they calm down some when they get accoustomed to a regular teacher.
I hope you can do it again!!

Mom