Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Visit with Grandma Jean

This past weekend my mom was in town for a short but sweet visit. The kids and I picked her up from the St. Louis Airport on Thursday, and when we got back into town we brought her & my sister to the dining hall for dinner (where the athletes and staff have dinner & we are allowed to eat there as well). My mom was a hoot...she stuffed herself silly. It just so happened that they had mashed potatoes on the hot line and if you're in the Misencik bloodline you LOVE mashed potatoes (with the exception of Nico & Liv - not sure what happened there)...anyway, my mom being a first timer couldn't resist trying all of the fun stuff we had to offer plus a pound of potatoes and she could barely walk out of there - this is probably one of those you had to be there stories.

Grandma Stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey and Reading to the girls...
___________________________________________________________________
Friday, unfortunately was a rainy, dreary day but we enjoyed our time together running errands, and then in the evening Ang came over and we had game/Mojito night with Borts, his siblings & their friends.

This Photo has a long story to it but it's Bella doing "Tay in na Win" (If you've seen the movie Nell you'll get it) and when she does it it's Funny!
___________________________________________________________________
Saturday, was a little slow going (Don's Mojitos are AWESOME but strong) but we finally got out the door & to our tailgate by 11:15. We had great time at the tailgate with our friends, and then kickoff was @ 1PM! The Tigers took on Iowa State and beat them 42-28...which means we are now 7-1 & ranked #9 in the nation - GO TIGERS!! I have to add that I think the Cyclones uniforms are hideous...they look like they're sponsored by KFC (you notice this crap when you're married to the EQ guy)! :)

Kate at the Tailgate...
Kate, I told you I was gonna post it...


Nico & Jaren playing a game of "tailgate football"...
"This is perfect, I've got another M&M and mom doesn't even no it - mwahahaha"
(Kade's version of Dr. Evil) ...
Candice & her friend Laura (Candice is Borts' twin sister )...
Angie & Tracy
(and no Angie is not taller then Tracy...on a high heel day Tracy is about 6 ft & Ang has a ways to go to get to that)...
Grandma & Bailey
(I hope I look that good when I'm a grandma)...
___________________________________________________________________
Sunday, we all brought Grandma back to the airport and when we got home I worked on Nico's Saint costume the rest of the day.

No comments: