Thursday, July 17, 2008

Trash to Treasure

When we first got to Minnesota my first task on Friday was a room makeover in my dad's house...oh it was in desperate need of it. This room had bright red shag carpet that has been there since the 60's (way before my dad's purchasing it), gray/blue walls that were nasty, nasty/dusty gray shimmery curtains, and disgusting metal/aluminum blinds. Ever since he purchased that house (5 years ago maybe) it has been my mission to change it, and I finally had that opportunity because my cousin moved out...she had been living with him for a while.

Some before shots (I wish I would have thought about taken pics when the room was in all it's "glory" and it looked worse in person):



Here is what I had created on a limited budget:
Isn't it cute!

4 comments:

A said...

super cute!!! great job!!!

The Stoner Family said...

that looks awesome! good work!!

Unknown said...

Sherri you did a GREAT job!!! Was that wood floor underneath that red carpet the whole time??? Amazing! I'm so proud of you!! Wish you had been around when we lived in out old house!! You could've helped me out!! Love it!

The Barnes Crew said...

Thanks All!! Yes those were wood floors under the disgusting red carpet what a shame but also a great find for us!