Wednesday evening we went over to our good friends, the O'Connor's house for a BBQ. We had some great food, great margaritas - they are called Knock You Naked Margaritas & they are so good, and great conversation. They kids all had a great time playing as well...except Nico because they only have girls (some day he'll appreciate this ;))!
We got home around 10:30 and put the kids to bed. Around 12:30 (right after I fell asleep of course) Bella came in to our room crying "my tummy hurts" over and over. I told to lay in bed with me...I rubbed her tummy and went through a list of questions with her 1) do you need to go poop? 2) do you need to throw up? 3) are you hungry? 4) what do you want mommy to do?
She says to me in her sweet little voice, "put lotion on it mommy". I'm thinking what the heck is this going to do for you but went with it. We went into the bathroom, grabbed her lotion, rubbed it on, and of course this didn't work. I put her back in bed and rubbed her tummy until she finally fell asleep after a half an hour.
After another half an hour and just falling asleep she wakes up this time screaming about her tummy. Don's getting mad because she is kicking him in the face (she was laying between us with her feet at our heads) and I'm getting worried because I don't know whats wrong. I run through a mental check list to try and figure out what could be wrong (like I have an MD or something)...1) what did she eat tonight? same thing we all did. 2) is she running a fever? no. 3) is her tummy warm to the touch? no. 4)is her tummy distended? no. (I know, pretty good questions for being half asleep :)). So the check list proved nothing and I'm thinking am I going to have to take this poor child to the ER cuz I'm getting really worried at this point with her crying and flipping all over the place in pain. After about an hour of this she falls asleep again and that was the end of it....WEIRD!!
When she got up yesterday morning I asked her how she was feeling and she says nonchalantly "fine".
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment