Friday, June 6, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes #9

We are sitting in Don's office because the football camp has just ended for the evening, and we are waiting for Don to wrap it so we can go home. Bella is playing with some of the orange cones that they use for drills. She sits down in a chair in Don's office, looks at me with the sweetest face and in the sweetest voice says, "Mom, I'd appreciate if we could take these home!" She wanted to be able to take the stack of cones in her lap home. I wish I had that one on video (Bail & I both said "ohh" when she said it). It was so precious that it made it very hard for me to tell her no, but I had to as the guys will need them in the morning.

*One side note...we are still working on potty training as she is very strong willed, and tonight we have made progress. Bella used the potty before we left for camp, and when we were on the field she said that she had to go potty. She said she had to wait until we got home because she didn't want to get dropped in the toilet because she didn't have her potty seat. We got back to his office about a half hour later and she said she had to go again. I promised her that I would hold her and not drop her, so she went. Then about an hour later she said she had to go again and went with dad. Maybe we are nearing the end of diapers...keep your fingers crossed for me!!

2 comments:

JMV said...

Tell Miss Ella I will buy her big girl underwear when she's ready, and by big girl, No I don't mean Granny panties.

keep it going Ella [no pun intended]

GJ Gram Jean

JMV said...

ahh so sweet I would of gotten her a cone after that, I mean an ice cream cone.
She's a charmer all right!

gram J