So today (Friday, 6/20) Bella had her 3 year old well child check and she was a little apprehensive about it so I told her that we were going shopping after to kind of bride her through this. Mind you my idea of shopping and hers are totally different....when I want to shop I go to the mall and when she does she wants to go to HyVee (this all started during Halloween when she loved to go to see the "Creepy Guy" that they had...it was this life size robotic mannequin near the candy & dairy). So off we went to HyVee, we had to fill a prescription and grad a few odds and ends. When we got to the check out line, unloaded our cart, and then were waiting for the customer in front of us to be done. The cashier was having issues with her check so a manager had to come over...Bella looks at the manager and then says to me, "mom she has an owie on her face". I look at it and I say in a whisper, "honey that's not a owie"...short answer hoping she'll drop it, but no. Next comes in her normal voice "well is it a pimple", "no honey it's not a pimple it's a mole" said in a whisper. "Mommy whats a mole?" in her loud 3yr old voice! Thank goodness she didn't hear Bella and walked away w/o any embarrassment for anyone.
We finish checking out and are on our way the ride the horse. On the way to the horse Bella says in her 3yr old voice, "mommy look, she's a pirate!" OMG!!! This poor women had on an eye patch for what I presume to be medical reasons. Again, thank goodness she didn't hear Bella.
No more shopping with a 3 year old!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment