Okay here is the deal...this weekend some of the lights go on in my Explorer (the wrench, ABS, & one other one - can't remember). Well being that my car is our courtesy car and the fact that the kids & are going to be going to Des Moines this weekend, I thought it might be a good idea to have it checked out. So I ask Don to contact our dealer to see what we should do, and he replies with, "that's not normal you better take it in and it's still under warranty". My thoughts are good because I don't really have car maintenance $ in the budget. So we take the SUV in yesterday & leave it with the local dealer. They proceed to call Don a couple hours later with this, "well I don't know how to tell you this but it looks like some kind of varmint has been chewing on your wires by the tailgate and it's going to be $110 to fix it"! (this is were you imagine the red in Don's face & the steam shooting out his ears) Oh yes, the varmint would be our dog, and it's not covered by the warranty! Needless to say Don wants to "off" the dog.
Oh, but the story gets even better! I said to Don yesterday after we just after dropped the Explorer off, "I'm anxious to see what they say because you have the same lights on in your car too" (which came on about 2 weeks ago & we haven't done anything because the whole "no $ budgeted for the cars this month"). I'm sure you can see were this whole bit is going?!? So Don just picks up the Explorer, brings it home & looks under the Cavalier...yes you are right my dear she has managed to chew those up as well!! Not sure what to say other then laugh & cry!!!
All from this sweet little face:
2 comments:
ummm, yeah, she would be done-zo in the Caton household!!!
Thats probably not the first thing she chewed up nor will be the last!
Post a Comment